Re: gnus hanging - how to see what it is doing

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: gnus hanging - how to see what it is doing
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 20:09:46 +0200

> Yeah, but are you sure this was set by the OP? He might
> be using some software that has that by default.

I don't know of any software that does - but of course, anything is
possible.

X-No-Archive is a quite well-established convention.

> Yeah - why shouldn't it be archived?

There can be many reasons. In the more technical groups it is perhaps
less relevant than in other groups.

> OK. Who then decides if it is a standard or not and is this later
> formalized in some RFC?

The standard says which headers are defined.

I don't remember how the RFC process works, ask Wikipedia/Google :-)

> Intuitively it seems a bad idea to prefix as "not standard" as that
> would have to be changed (i.e., "X-" removed) if it ever made it to
> the standard.

Well, it would also be bad if a standard could not start using a name
just because somebody "took it".

There are arguments both ways.

  Best regards,

   Adam

--
 "Sunday morning when the rain begins to fall                 Adam Sjøgren
  I believe I have seen the end of it all"               asjo@koldfront.dk