Re: read messages becoming unread in nnml

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: read messages becoming unread in nnml
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 22:02:55 +0200

>>> I.e. run the command that actually tells Gnus to
>>> close down, instead of explicitly calling a
>>> function to save the one file you happen know
>>> should be handled when shutting down (what if Gnus
>>> needs to do more now/in the future?)
>
>> I'm not worried about that.
>
> Ok, I give up.

No, I actually changed that. However, then you have to
do another thing, namely:

(setq gnus-expert-user t)

otherwise it'll prompt you if you really want to "quit
reading news" :) Of course, you never want to do that,
but sometimes you need to quit Emacs and shut down your
system just the same.

Thing is, I had

(setq gnus-novice-user nil)

already, as well as

(setq gnus-verbose 1)
(setq gnus-verbose-backends 1)

though those only set Gnus (not) talking, without
touching what to ask of the user.

So I didn't know not only you could opt-out being a
beginner, you can explicitly be an expert as well.

More specifically you can get away with the
confirmation on exit with `gnus-interactive-exit'.

--
underground experts united