Re: Sorting threads after gathering threads

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Sorting threads after gathering threads
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 02:48:14 +0200

Michael Welsh Duggan <mwd@md5i.com> writes:

> The important part here is that these are not real
> threads. They are individual messages with enough
> similarities that threading can be simulated. In Gnus
> parlance, they are "loose threads," and are put
> together during "thread gathering." Unfortunately, it
> seems like thread gathering happens after thread
> sorting, for some unknown reason.

Check out `gnus-summary-thread-gathering-function'.
I have that gnus-gather-threads-by-subject.

    ... Function used for gathering loose threads.
    There are two pre-defined functions:
    `gnus-gather-threads-by-subject', which only takes
    Subjects into consideration; and
    `gnus-gather-threads-by-references', which compared
    the References headers of the articles to find
    matches.

--
underground experts united