Re: RSS feeds

From: Steven Arntson
Subject: Re: RSS feeds
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 10:34:25 -0700

Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt@polytechnique.org> writes:

> On 2014-07-06 21:09, Steven Arntson <steven@stevenarntson.com> writes:
>
>> I do have a more general question about the functionality of gwene. Not
>> sure if this is the right place for the question, but ...
>>
>> There's an author at our weekly paper here I'd like to follow. When
>> I try to input his feed into gwene, I get this result:
>>
>> A feed with this internal ID (http://www.thestranger.com) is already
>> subscribed as gwene.com.thestranger.[...]
>>
>> This is because someone has already entered the rss for one of the other
>> authors at the same paper.
>>
>> Any way for me to get the feed for my author into gwene?
>
> You can try asking about this on gmane.discuss. I recently had a similar
> issue (http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.discuss/16223) and the reply was
> that I had to contact the feed authors to make sure they used
> a different <link> tag in their feeds.
>
> Alan

Interesting---sounds like the exact same issue. I've ended up for now
just subscribing to the RSS feed directly with G-R in Gnus. I'd resisted
this at first because Gnus is, for me, painfully slow with RSS feeds at
times. However, I've gotten over it, and am using the wait time
productively to brew coffee ... :)

-steven