Re: Mark own message automatically as read

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: Mark own message automatically as read
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 17:59:48 +0200

> Though, optimally, I would like them to be *not* read (always shown)
> in my *archive* group,

Then you definitely should not use gnus-gcc-mark-as-read, as that is all
it does.

> and *never* shown in the group(s) you send them to.

Maybe it is because I am used to this, but I like seeing my own articles
in the groups I send them to, because then I know they got through.

> No - I meant, reading the docstring of the option you suggested, it
> looked like all the stuff you get by means of Gcc gets marked as read.
> And people might use it to send things to you, right?

Are you thinking of Bcc? Gcc is an entirely internal Gnus-thing.

>> But it may very well only be the archived copy that
>> is automatically marked as read.

> Post if you find out. I'll do the same.

Well, it is :-)

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "I think I've learned by now                                 Adam Sjøgren
  There's never an easy way"                             asjo@koldfront.dk