Killed my emacs, and now getting a much better gnus experience!

From: Sharon Kimble
Subject: Killed my emacs, and now getting a much better gnus experience!
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 09:35:17 +0000

I've just had a most peculiar problem, in that I added two new pop3 accounts to
my '.gnus.el', and then tried to get mail from them in gnus. They hung on so
long I knew that they were failing to connect even after waiting ten minutes,
but they were stopping me doing anything else neither in gnus nor in emacs. So I
found the emacs pid number and did a kill -9 on it to force closure.

Now I've restarted it, and commented out those two pop3 accounts before starting
gnus again, and now emails are being received to 'nnml:mail.misc' again instead
of
its more usual 'nnml:normal' and I'm getting the much nicer email headings of
just 'From: Subject: To: Date:' which is much nicer and easier to understand
than getting everything thrown at me.

But how do I make these changes permanent please? They are much nicer and easier
to read and understand, so I'd like to keep them if at all possible please.

Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
Debian testing, Fluxbox 1.3.5, emacs 24.3.1