Re: GSSAPI and Gnus v5.13

From: Elias Mårtenson
Subject: Re: GSSAPI and Gnus v5.13
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 13:03:25 +0800

On 28 December 2013 02:41, Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> wrote:
Elias Mårtenson <lokedhs@gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks for the update. Is there anything I can do to help this happen
> quicker? I'm not a completely awful Emacs Lisp programmer.

Well, if you re-implement the GSSAPI stuff for the new nnimap, then that
would be great.  >"?

I finally decided to look into this and reading RFC 1731 suggested that it should be very easy (I know GSSAPI itself quite well).

There is, however, the problem of the non-existence of a GSSAPI API accessible from Emacs. There is, of course, gsasl which seems to have been used in the past, but it seems to me as though the design choice in nnimap is to be a full Elisp implementation of IMAP?

As far as I can tell, there is no "standard" external application that can provide access to GSSAPI, so what is the suggested solution?

Regards,
Elias