Re: Some random questions about display order in group buffer and usage

From: Alexander Baier
Subject: Re: Some random questions about display order in group buffer and usage of multiple e-mail addresses
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 16:57:07 +0100

On 2014-01-10 15:03 aa-news@arcor.de wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've just started using gnus again after some years of absence.  I've
> reread parts of the manual without finding answers to some of my
> questions.  I hope someone herein can help me.
>
> 1. I like using topic mode.  I'm a bit anal about the ordering of topics
>    and groups within topics but I was never able to find out whether it
>    is possible in gnus
>
>    - to change the display order of individual topics on the same level
>
>    - and to change the display order of groups within topis.
>
>    Could you tell me if it is possible to change the display order and
>    if so how?

You can kill and then yank back groups and topics, just like you would
do it with normal text in a buffer. The usual key-bindings (C-k and C-y)
apply here.

> 2. I have several e-mail addresses which I like to use for different
>    purposes.  So my next questions are:
>
>    - Is it possible to tell gnus to use a certain e-mail address for the
>      From header in news articles on a per group basis?
>
>    - Is it possible to tell gnus to do the same thing on a per mail
>      group basis?

This can be done by configuring gnus-posting-styles on a global level or
on a per group basis through the (info "(Gnus) Group Parameters").  For
further info about posting styles see (info "(Gnus) Posting Styles").

>    - Is it also possible to get prompted for a From address from a list
>      of possible e-mail addresses when posting to certain mail groups?

I don't know.

> Thanks in advance,
>
> aa

HTH,