Re: Spam despite spam header

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Spam despite spam header
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 20:58:18 +0100

I don't think that anyone doubts that you have a very
solid understanding and uses Gnus with an expert's
touch.

Even I, compared to how people use the web GUIs,
Outlook, and even Evolution, Thunderbird/Icedove, etc.,
the way I use Emacs Gnus compared to them, it's like
the wrists of Wayne Gretzky and the speed of Usain
Bolt... And I consider myself a Gnus novice!

Instead, I merit it to 80-90% to the all text, 100%
configurable interface of Gnus and the Emacs message
mode. Fumbling around with folders and drop down menus
just can't keep up. And it doesn't matter it was a
sensation when Xerox and Apple and later even Microsoft
made a big deal out of it in the 80s.

But, back to this discussion, if you envision two
fighters at the Colosseum of paleo-Rome. If one of them
spends a lifetime perfecting the use of the sword, and
the other guy do the same with the spear, of course
neither of them could ever be convinced the other guy's
weapon is better. If one wanted an answer to that
question, one would be better off asking a
philosopher-king who fought in the archery, and had
never wielded either sword or spear. But perhaps he
would answer something else altogether.

--
Emanuel Berg, programmer-for-rent. CV, projects, etc at uXu
underground experts united:  http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573