Re: Posting to usenet via gnus

From: Slackrat
Subject: Re: Posting to usenet via gnus
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 20:43:00 +0100

SabreWolfy a écrit profondement:

| I run Emacs 23.3.1 with Gnus 5.13 under various Debian-based distributions,
| which I have configured to read news from Gmane. However, I post via the
| Gmane website. What is the best way to post directly from within Emacs? I've
| searched for a solution, but have not found one yet. Do I need to subscribe
| to each group and suppress mail delivery (I'm accessing via Gmane). Any
| guidance would be appreciated.

Try "Eternal September" (free) outbound

Make sure you have a good "authinfo" file

You'll  probably gave to download the groups list ande subscribe
to what you want (NO BINARIES - Who wants 'em anyway)

Works for me but I'm configured a little differently than you.

[EX .gnus]
;; The default news server
;; (setq gnus-select-method '(nntp "world.bintube.com"))
;; LI login1 PW  pasdword1 on world.bintube.com
 (setq gnus-select-method '(nntp "news.eternal-september.org"))
;; LI login2 PW password2 on news.eternal-september.org
;;; #############################
;;; SETTING UP ADDITIONAL SERVERS
;;; #############################
;;;BEEF: Gnus doesn't show all groups / Gnus says I'm not allowed
;;;to post
;;; on this server as well as I am, what's that?
;;;
;;;Some providers allow restricted anonymous access and full
;;;access only after authorization. To make Gnus send authinfo to those servers
append
;;;"force yes"
;;;to the line for those servers in ~/.authinfo.
;;;3.6.
;;;BEEF: I want Gnus to fetch news from several servers,
;;;is this possible?
;;;
;;;Of course. You can specify more sources for articles in
;;;the variable gnus-secondary-select-methods.
;;;Add something like this in ~/.gnus:
;;(add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods '(nntp
"news.eternal-september.org"))
;;;(add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods '(nntp
"news.yourThirdProvider.net"))
;;;(add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods '(nntp
"news.yourFourthProvider.net"))

[authinfo]
machine smtp.free.fr login login1 port 587 password 123456789
machine world.bintube.com login login22 password  123456789
machine news.eternal-september.org login login3 password
123456789 force yes

Good Luck

--
Bill Henderson