Re: Always wide-reply in some newsgroups

From: Leonidas Tsampros
Subject: Re: Always wide-reply in some newsgroups
Date: Thu, 02 May 2013 17:32:12 +0300

Tassilo Horn <tsdh@gnu.org> writes:
> Teemu Likonen <tlikonen@iki.fi> writes:
>
> Hi Teemu,
>
>>> is there a trick to make Gnus always doing wide replies in some
>>> newsgroups, also if I press `F' / `f'?
>>
>> Yes. I use the feature in this very mailing list. I read this through
>> Gmane and have the following setting as part of my gnus-parameters:
>>
>>     (".*:gmane\\.emacs\\.gnus\\.user$"
>>      (to-list . "info-gnus-english@gnu.org"))
>
> Ah, right.  Now I use this:
>
> (setq gnus-parameters
>       `([...]
>       ;; In Gmane bug list groups, following up should wide reply
>       (,(rx (or "gmane.emacs.auctex.bugs"
>                 "gmane.emacs.bugs"))
>        (to-list . ""))))
>
> Thanks,
> Tassilo

I do something similar I think. Whenever I have a group that I know for
sure that mails there are coming from a mailing list, I open a
message and run M-x gnus-mailing-list-insignuate (or press A M).

For example, on cedet-devel, the following group parameter was added:

(to-list . "cedet-devel@lists.sourceforge.net")

Also pressing  a from that group will add the to-list address in the
To: field automatically which I find extremely valuable.