Re: Change colour of unread mail

From: W. Greenhouse
Subject: Re: Change colour of unread mail
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2013 14:50:46 +0000

Rainer@krugs.de (Rainer M. Krug) writes:

> Hi
>
> A (seemingly) simple question: I would like to have the unread mails
> more easily identifyable and have them in a different colour, e.g. green
> or red. How can I change these?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rainer

Have a look at M-x customize-face gnus-summary- TAB and play with the
various options there.  You'll notice that in addition to `read',
`unread', `ticked' etc. there are faces for each category based on the
article score (e.g. if you want unread messages bolded for higher score
and dimmed for lower).  For reasons mystifying to myself, by default
this setup normally does not use inheritance, but it should.

--
BOFH excuse #397:

T-1's congested due to porn traffic to the news server.