Sometimes problem when posting to aioe

From: Cecil Westerhof
Subject: Sometimes problem when posting to aioe
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 13:08:24 +0200

I use the aioe newsserver. Sometimes I get:
    nntp (news.aioe.org) open error: ''.  Continue? (y or n)

The only way to keep reading and sending news is to change:
    (setq gnus-select-method '(nntp "news.aioe.org"))
to:
    (setq gnus-select-method '(nntp "nntp.aioe.org"))

This works with one very important hitch: I lose all my marks.

The strange thing is that sometimes it takes a very long time before I
need to switch and other times I have to switch quite soon again.

Does anybody know why this happens and what to do about it?

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer