Re: Preserving window layout?

From: Oleksandr Gavenko
Subject: Re: Preserving window layout?
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 22:36:47 +0300

On 2012-09-20, Oleksandr Gavenko wrote:
> I think you can try to hack some Elisp code with use of:
>
>   (setq my-window-conf (current-window-configuration))
>   (gnus)
>   (set-window-configuration my-window-conf)  ;; restore window layout and
>                                              ;; selected buffers
>

> http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/Window-Configurations.html
>
> I think that it is you want but I don't how integrate this code with gnus and
> your preferences...
>
> Try searching on emacswiki by set-window-configuration keyword...

Quotation from
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2572950/preserve-window-layout-in-emacs/2575269#2575269

  I sometimes still use C-x r w <register> to store a window configuration in
  a register, and C-x r j <register> (where <register> is a single character)
  to jump back to it.

I learn Emacs with you ))

--
Best regards!