No new mail group creation in *Group* buffer

From: Ronan Keryell
Subject: No new mail group creation in *Group* buffer
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2012 08:06:39 -0700

A colleague of mine has a weird behaviour with her GNUS for years now
(so it is not related to a recent GNUS or Emacs version): the new mail
groups do not show up in the *Group* buffer, either with L or l.

New mail input groups are created either by nnmail-split-fancy and
output mail groups are created through gnus-message-archive-method (far
more common).

Of course the mails are here and we can browse them with G d, which all
but user-friendly.

She has basically the same configuration files as me so I suspect some
glitch in the .newsrc.eld.

Any pointers about where to dig into?

Thank you,
--