Re: delayed sending of mail

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: delayed sending of mail
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 23:00:21 +0200

On Wed, 22 Aug 2012 15:06:26 +0200, Kevin wrote:

> someone on IRC asked about how to make a function that delays sending of
> email, so as to have a chance to edit/cancel within 2 minutes or so.

When I want delayed sending of an email/article, instead of using C-c
C-c to send it, I go C-c C-j (which is bound to gnus-delay-article).

Then I am prompted about how long to delay it, or when to send it. After
answering that, the email shows up in nndraft:delayed until the set
time, when it is sent.

In my .gnus I have these things to make it work:

    ; Activate delayed messages:
    (gnus-delay-initialize)

    ; Show X-Now-Playing and X-Gnus-Delayed header:
    (setq gnus-visible-headers (concat gnus-visible-headers
"\\|^X-Now-Playing:\\|X-Gnus-Delayed:"))

    ; Remove date, so delayed messages (C-c C-j) don't get a date until