Re: "Pasting" markers in articles and mails

From: Pedro Silva
Subject: Re: "Pasting" markers in articles and mails
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 11:11:13 +0100

Christian Kellermann <ckeen@pestilenz.org> writes:

> I have seen that in some people's posts pasted snippets have been marked
> with a green background by gnus.
>
> What's the name of that feature and how can I flag my quotes as such?

It's message mode:

C-c M-m runs the command message-mark-inserted-region, which is an
interactive compiled Lisp function in `message.el'.

It is bound to C-c M-m, <menu-bar> <Message> <Insert Region Marked>.

(message-mark-inserted-region BEG END &optional VERBATIM)

Mark some region in the current article with enclosing tags.
See `message-mark-insert-begin' and `message-mark-insert-end'.
If VERBATIM, use slrn style verbatim marks ("#v+" and "#v-").

Or if you want to include a marked file:

C-c M-f runs the command message-mark-insert-file, which is an
interactive compiled Lisp function in `message.el'.

It is bound to C-c M-f, <menu-bar> <Message> <Insert File Marked...>.

(message-mark-insert-file FILE &optional VERBATIM)

Insert FILE at point, marking it with enclosing tags.
See `message-mark-insert-begin' and `message-mark-insert-end'.
If VERBATIM, use slrn style verbatim marks ("#v+" and "#v-").

Pedro