Using Git Gnus on OpenIndiana fails at ./configure

From: Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson
Subject: Using Git Gnus on OpenIndiana fails at ./configure
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 19:15:23 -0000

Hi all,

I'm attempting to use gnus directly from git, and when I run
./configure I get this:

  configure: creating ./config.status
  ./config.status[444]: The: not found [No such file or directory]
  config.status: creating Makefile
  ./config.status[880]: -f: not found [No such file or directory]
  config.status: error: could not create Makefile

My system is OpenIndiana 151a - a Solaris variant.  I'm also using
XEmacs 21.4 but I don't think that's relevant to this particular
error.

Is there any way to have this fixed?  My total cluelessness with
autoconf prevents me from investigating this myself.  At a guess, this
might be some incompatibility with OpenIndiana's /bin/sh or the fact
that #! /bin/sh has a space in it.

--
   Johann Oskarsson                http://www.2ndquadrant.com/    |[]
   PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training and Services  --+--

   Blog: http://my.opera.com/myrkraverk/blog/