Re: [NoGnus] Fancy splitting and imap respooling not working

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [NoGnus] Fancy splitting and imap respooling not working
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 19:13:06 -0000

Hi Lars,

> Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote:
>> "Sebastien Vauban" <wxhgmqzgwmuf@spammotel.com> writes:
>>
>>> The only problem I have: the fancy splitting (via BBDB) is not working
>>> anymore. All the mails arrive in my INBOX, unlike what I ask for:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>>>         ;; split function to use (sorting mails into groups using BBDB)
>>>         (setq nnimap-split-rule 'bbdb/gnus-split-method)
>>
>> This no longer exists -- nnimap uses the normal nnmail-split-* variables
>> now.
>
> I've done the change. But I'm not able to test it now. Need incoming mail...

Mails are not correctly split yet, though I have translated every variable in
its new name, as follows:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
      ;; the registry should be installed
      (setq gnus-registry-install t) ;; for `G G' searches

      ;; the first match in `nnmail-split-rule' found will be used
      (setq nnmail-crosspost nil)

      ;; name(s) of IMAP mailboxes to split mail from
      (setq nnimap-inbox '("INBOX"))

      ;; BBDB (Big Brother DataBase) is loaded from my `.emacs' file
      (when (try-require 'bbdb-gnus)

        ;; split function to use (sorting mails into groups using BBDB)
        (setq nnmail-split-methods 'bbdb/gnus-split-method)

        ;; fallback if the BBDB doesn't specify a group
        (setq bbdb/gnus-split-nomatch-function 'nnmail-split-fancy))

      ;; specify how to split mail
      (setq nnmail-split-fancy
            ;; split to the first rule making a match
            `(|
              ;; (from mail "INBOX.errors")

              ;; catch spam
              ("X-Spam-Status" "[Yy]es"
               "INBOX.Spam")

              ;; people, mailing lists, etc.
              ("To" "info\\.location@scorpioscotedazur\\.com" "INBOX.scorpios")
              ("Subject" "\[O\]" "INBOX.org-mode")

              ;; parent
              ;; XXX Are the commas correctly placed?
              (when ,(fboundp 'gnus-registry-split-fancy-with-parent)
                (any ,gnus-ignored-from-addresses
                     (: gnus-registry-split-fancy-with-parent)))

              ;; unmatched mail goes to the catch-all group (default mailbox)
              "INBOX"
              ))
#+end_src

You can see the change was `M-% nnimap RET nnmail RET'...

- nnimap-split-fancy      ->  nnmail-split-fancy

... but for the variables:

- nnimap-split-crosspost  ->  nnmail-crosspost
- nnimap-split-inbox      ->  nnimap-inbox
- nnimap-split-rule       ->  nnmail-split-methods

Any idea on what is wrong?

Best regards,
  Seb

--