Re: Showing only .org files with a nneething group?

From: Angel de Vicente
Subject: Re: Showing only .org files with a nneething group?
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2011 12:56:31 +0100

Hi again,

Angel de Vicente <angelv@iac.es> writes:
> I'm trying to create a group in Gnus to display the contents of a
> directory, but I want to show only those files that end in ".org". I'm
> having trouble doing it, so perhaps somebody more experienced can give
> me a hand?
>
> Basically I have tried:
>
> 1) In the group buffer, type G m to create a new group, I select method
> nneething and address of directory and the group is created OK, but in
> order to limit to ".org" files I need to set the variable
> 'nneething-include-files', but I'm not sure where. I have tried directly
> in .emacs and in .gnus.el but it doesn't work.
>
> 2) Since 'nneething-include-files' is a Gnus server variable I tried to
> create a virtual server first, but I'm going around in circles and get
> nowhere...
>
> Any pointers? Thanks,

right after posting this, I managed to make it work by changing BY HAND
the .newsrc.eld file and modifying the gnus-newsrc-alist variable to
include the nneething-include-files term:

(setq gnus-newsrc-alist '([...] (nneething "/home/angelv/BIBLIO"
(nneething-include-files ".*org$")))))

I assume that there is some other way?

Thanks,
--