Re: Displaying text/calendar (VCALENDAR) parts?

From: Timo Myyrä
Subject: Re: Displaying text/calendar (VCALENDAR) parts?
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2011 07:21:54 +0300

> asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) writes:
>
>> Does anyone have a recipe for displaying text/calendar (VCALENDAR) parts
>> nicely?
>
> Is that a standard data format?  If so, you'd think someone would have
> written something to display them in Emacs?

vCalendar is the older format which is superceded by iCalendar IIRC.

Emacs includes lisp/calendar/icalendar.el to parse the iCalendar
formats.

It could be used to apply some special formatting by default for
calendar invitations and such. Perhaps adding some nice mime-handling
function for text/calendar parts of messages automatically.

A feature I miss most in Gnus is the lack of appointment handling. I'd
like to have some simple interface to reply to appointments, make new
appointments and perhaps poll all appointments from central server.

I was planning to take a look at icalendar.el and then make some
additions for appointment handling for gnus so I wouldn't have to deal
with groupwise client.

Timo