Searching a newsgroup?

From: Angel de Vicente
Subject: Searching a newsgroup?
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2011 15:05:49 +0100

Hi,

I was trying to find a post that I did to a newsgroup a couple of years
ago, and realized that I'm not sure how to do it efficiently.

For mail, I run mairix, so I have all the articles indexed and I can
easily find any article in the blink of an eye, but for newsgroups I
have no idea how to do it properly.

What I did (in the summary buffer):

/o to show me all the posts, even those that are already marked as read
/a to filter by author (in this case me)

/o was too slow becuase it had to get all the headers from the server
and generate the summary. How do you do it?

Thanks,
--
Ángel de Vicente
http://angel-de-vicente.blogspot.com/