Re: Save HTML Article

From: Marco Parrone
Subject: Re: Save HTML Article
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 19:59:39 -0000

Volkan YAZICI <volkan.yazici@gmail.com> writes:

> Quite often I receive HTML articles from clients using Outlook, and
> w3m generally doesn't provide a proper layout. I save such articles in
> HTML format using below function and then view them later in Firefox.
>
> (defun my-gnus-summary-view-html-alternative ()
>   "Display the HTML part of the current multipart/alternative MIME
> message
>   in current browser."
>   (interactive)
>   (save-current-buffer
>     (gnus-summary-show-article)
>     (set-buffer gnus-article-buffer)
>     (let ((file (make-temp-file "html-message-" nil ".html"))
>           (handle (nth 3 (assq 1 gnus-article-mime-handle-alist))))
>       (mm-save-part-to-file handle file)
>       (browse-url (concat "file://" file)))))
>
> The problem is, above function doesn't provide a feature to save
> images in an article. Since searching didn't provide anything useful
> for gnus-article-mime-handle-alist, I couldn't figure out what to do.
> Can anybody help me to save images in an HTML mail?

Hi,

the latest version of Gnus from the git repository [1] supports the
display of images in HTML parts directly into the buffer, it also
provides the `gnus-article-browse-html-article' command for viewing the
HTML parts with and external browser.

I uploaded an example screenshot there:

     http://img851.imageshack.us/i/wholescreen20110502t221.jpg/

You may consider to backup and update to the unstable version, or you
may try to backport the `gnus-article-browse-html-article' function from
the latest version of Gnus to the version which you are using.

1. http://www.gnus.org/distribution.html

Goodbye.

--
Marco Parrone <marco@marcoparrone.com>
PGP Key fingerprint = 5E21 BED2 BF47 B3FB F17F  1DB4 D9BE B2B7 3C3A 07E2