Re: gnutls, gmail, imap, and windows7

From: Terrence Brannon
Subject: Re: gnutls, gmail, imap, and windows7
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 06:04:34 +0000 (UTC)

Joseph Gay <gilleylen <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Terrance,
>
> Success has been reported by several Windows users connecting to gmail
> IMAP after setting tls-program to:
> "c:/cygwin/bin/openssl.exe s_client -connect %h:%p -no_ssl2 -ign_eof"

I tried that and it seems even less successful now.

> This of course requires installing openssl in cygwin.

Yes, I did that. Here are the .gnus.el and *Messages*

=== .gnus.el

(require 'tls)
(setq tls-program "c:/cygwin/bin/openssl.exe s_client -connect %h:%p -no_ssl2
-ign_eof")

(setq gnus-select-method '(nnimap "gmail"
                                  (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")
                                  (nnimap-server-port 993)
                                  (nnimap-stream tls)))

(setq  smtpmail-debug-info t)

=== *Messages*

For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
imap: Connecting to imap.gmail.com...
Opening TLS connection to `imap.gmail.com'...
imap: Connecting to imap.gmail.com...failed
Unable to open server nnimap+gmail, go offline? (y or n)
nnimap (gmail) open error: 'nil'.  Continue? (y or n)
Saving file c:/Users/thequietcenter/AppData/Roaming/.newsrc-dribble...
Wrote c:/Users/thequietcenter/AppData/Roaming/.newsrc-dribble
Gnus auto-save file exists.  Do you want to read it? (y or n)
Opening nnimap server on gmail...
Denied server nnimap+gmail
Opening nnimap server on gmail...failed
Opening nnimap server on gmail...