Viewed attachments / uudecoded files are deleted

From: Jarmo Hurri
Subject: Viewed attachments / uudecoded files are deleted
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 21:11:24 +0200

Greetings.

I have been having a weird problem with Gnus for a while, and I don't
know how to solve it. I have bumped into this problem in two separate
contexts:

1. When viewing a binary MIME part of a message (with "K v") for the
   first time, I get a message from the viewer - whatever it is - that
   the file corresponding to that part does not exits. And the file in
   which Gnus claims to have stored the part is really nowhere to be
   found. Funnily enough, if I then try "K v" again, Gnus at least
   sometimes opens the viewer with the part, but the file is still
   nonexistent: for example, if I reload the file in my PDF viewer, the
   viewer complains that the file does not exist.

2. When trying to uudecode a multipart message with "X U" or "X u" , the
   result is an empty file. In both cases Gnus claims to have saved the
   file, but I can not find it in the location where Gnus claims the
   file is.

I have tried this with my standard setup and basically an empty .emacs
and .gnus, and the result is the same. The two problems seem so similar
that I would assume that there is a single underlying reason.

I am running Gnus v5.13 in GNU Emacs 23.2.1 and Fedora 13.

Any ideas?

--
Jarmo Hurri

Remove all garbage from header email address when replying, or just
use firstname.lastname@syk.fi .