Re: citation line above or below body?

From: Richard Riley
Subject: Re: citation line above or below body?
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 14:39:39 +0100

Philipp Haselwarter <philipp.haselwarter@gmx.de> writes:

> "G" == Gary  <gnus@garydjones.name> writes:
>
> G> Eric Abrahamsen wrote:
>
>>> When I reply to messages and cite the original, point ends up below
>>> the citation line. This leads to weird threads, where my text ends up
>>> right below the "so-and-so wrote:" line
>
> G> What do you mean? That you then type where the cursor is? You can
> G> always move it down, you know :) In fact I would encourage you to do
> G> so.
>
> That's the point. Moving down manually every time is a bit of a pain if
> you just want to quote and start typing.
>
> ---8<---[snipped 19 lines]---8<---

Its this way on purpose I would guess to encourage people to snip and to
review context. Some, (including you ;)), tend to snip too much. Others,
me ;), tend to not snip enough. When reading this post I didnt even
understand it at first as I thought the cursor was indeed at the end -
it isnt of course : I have been hitting M-> for so long it was second
nature!