Re: read mail in mbox files

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: read mail in mbox files
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 19:08:02 +0100

On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 18:46:44 +0100, Richard wrote:

>>> So what format? Maildir?

>> No, that would be nnmaildir.

> nnmaildir is a format? I thought it was a back end that fed on Maildir?
> Possibly silly wording issues only. I dont know at times.

Yes, the backend that uses the Maildir format is nnmaildir; that was
what I was trying to say.

[...]

> What I didnt understand is it proclaiming that its the "Mail Spool".

It is because you seem to only accept one use of the word "spool". Think
of it as a news spool just with mail in it, instead of a mail spool as
in /var/spool/mail/.

Sometimes it is more apparant than other times that Gnus originated as a
newsreader :-)

[...]

> But whats not helping me is something like this

>   (setq gnus-select-method '(nnml "nnml"))
>   (setq nndrafts-directory "~/Mail")
>   (setq nnml-directory "~/Mail")

> and then starting Gnus and finding TWO Mail dirs. one in ~ and the other
> in .emacs.d.

You must have configured something else to point to ~/.emacs.d/Mail.
Perhaps your archive method?

I think you are staring at one thing in your configuration and ignoring
all the other stuff, which might actually the cause of what you are
seeing :-)

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Här kommer rädslan, gamle vän                               Adam Sjøgren
  När alla fjärilar i magen vaknar upp                   asjo@koldfront.dk