Re: my vs maildir

From: prad
Subject: Re: my vs maildir
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2011 01:16:13 -0800

a problem that didn't seem to have an obvious solution was how to get my
sent emails back into the inbox, the purpose being so that the thread
stays intact as with a newsgroup.

i read that some people bcc themselves, but you apparently can't do that
in gnus (though you can in other things like vm and rmail).

then i came across this post by tassilo:
http://www.groupsrv.com/computers/about417740.html

and this exchange:
http://www.mail-archive.com/info-gnus-english@gnu.org/msg08483.html

after trying various permutations based on from the ideas there, something very
simple worked:

(setq gnus-parameters
      '(("^nnimap\\+Mail:INBOX"
         (gcc-self . t))))

this puts the sent mail right into my maildir ~/Mail/inbox/new something
i couldn't figure out how to do with things like nnmaildir (nnml gives
the wrong format of course).

this seems a much more direct way of doing things than figuring out bcc
- and because it is attached to my mail group, it won't pop posts i make
to newsgroups (like this one ... (fingers-crossed))

it works and i hope it is a good way to accomplish this goal.

--
in friendship,
prad