can't see all my IMAP folders

From: Tyler Smith
Subject: can't see all my IMAP folders
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 12:31:01 -0500

Hi,

In trying to figure out some other issues with gnus, I've managed to
lose many of my IMAP folders. They're still on the server, and I can
access them with Thunderbird. However, when I open gnus they aren't
there. I tried '^' to get to the server buffer, entering my IMAP server,
but when I am in the gnus-browse-server buffer, many of the folders are
not visible. This includes my INBOX (but not directories within INBOX),
thus rendering gnus useless for mail-reading purposes until I can find
out where this folder went.

I have no idea how I did this. After it happened and searching the
manual and google failed to bring up a solution, I tried deleting
.newsrc* and ~/News to get a fresh start, but somehow gnus 'remembers'
which folders it can't see.

How do I get a full listing of all the folders on my IMAP server?

Thanks,

Tyler