Re: author of post and signature problems

From: David Brown
Subject: Re: author of post and signature problems
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 12:18:22 -0800

prad <prad@towardsfreedom.com> writes:

> asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) writes:

> well i've used the same sig for years and i have no trouble posting with
> it on the other news groups (in fact, the emacs.help group) with
> claws-mail.
>
> so i'm inclined to think this is resolvable within gnus.
>
>                                       ... with you on your journey
> Towards Freedom
> http://www.towardsfreedom.com (website)
> Information, Inspiration, Imagination - truly a site for soaring I's

If this is your signature, the probably is probably that gnus is
considering your entire post to be the signature.

Convention has the signature start with a line containing two hyphens, a
space, and a newline.  Gnus searches for this when scanning for the
signature.

Your signature has no separator, so it has no way of finding it.  It
also means that the signature won't be visually distinguished by clients
that have that capability.

David