Re: Error in (info "(gnus)Splitting Mail")

From: Richard Riley
Subject: Re: Error in (info "(gnus)Splitting Mail")
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 16:38:50 +0100

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

> On Sun, 19 Dec 2010 09:53:14 -0600 Tommy Kelly <tommy.kelly@verilab.com>
> wrote:
>
> TK> All that said. I'm new here and have invested a mere fraction of the
> TK> hours in this project that y'all have. So don't hesitate to pat me on
> TK> the head and say "Shhhh! The grown-ups are speaking." :-)
>
> Nah, that would be condescending.  We do passive-aggressive :)
>
> Seriously, your feedback is appreciated.  You have invested a lot of
> time fighting features and jargon that are implied or learned for many
> of the Gnus regulars, so your experience helps us.  If we don't respond
> or fix things quickly (speaking for myself) it's for lack of time, not
> desire to help.
>
> Ted

While you're here Ted, I have had to stop using spam-split. Possibly you
can see what is wrong with this?

   (setq spam-use-bogofilter t)
   (setq spam-use-spamassassin t)

   (require 'spam)
   (spam-initialize)

   (setq nnimap-inbox '("INBOX"))
   (setq nnimap-split-fancy '(| (: spam-split) "INBOX"))
   (setq nnimap-split-methods 'nnimap-split-fancy)
   (setq nnimap-split-download-body t)

I then set the spam settings using G c on the groups I want spam-split
to process.

I get some form of sequencep errors I think it is. Sorry to be vague - I
cant post a backtrace right now but can again tomorrow if you're
interested in taking a look.

I dont *think* there is anything wrong with the above but few people
have offered up other split examples using spam-split to compare it
against. I am guessing my quoting is wrong but its hard to pinpoint from
the manual examples.

regards

r.