Re: Multiple sources and accounts with GNUS

From: Yuri D'Elia
Subject: Re: Multiple sources and accounts with GNUS
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 20:14:21 +0100

On Mon, 20 Dec 2010 17:42:25 +0100
Richard Riley <rileyrg@googlemail.com> wrote:

> My code above  selects the msmtp profile to use based on the From
> address which, im turn, is set by gnus-posting-styles but hopefully you
> can adjust as appropriate.
>
> Googling up the key vars above and msmtp should provide the info you
> need.

msmtp is a nice solution, but I don't really want to store the password on disk
(typing at every message is not a nice solution either).

I tried to go with the smtpmail route, but failed quickly.

I have an SMTP server that requires encryption via STARTTLS on port 25.
The following minimal configuration:

  smtpmail-debug-info t
  smtpmail-debug-verb t
  smtpmail-auth-credentials '(("smtp.server" 25 "me" nil))
  smtpmail-starttls-credentials '(("smtp.server", 25, nil, nil))
  smtpmail-smtp-server "smtp.server")

asks for my credentials, but it doesn't actually call STARTTLS (I can verify it
from the SMTP trace).

Ideas?