Gnus and news groups behind a mail-to-news gateway

From: Francis Moreau
Subject: Gnus and news groups behind a mail-to-news gateway
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:47:05 -0000

Hello,

I'm currently subscribed to a news group which is behind a mail-to-news
gateway: fa.linux.kernel

Here my gnus configuration for this group:

     [x] to-list   : linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
     [ ] to-adress :

I recently posted an article and noticed that its Message-ID has been
screwed by the gateway (?). The original one is:

    m2eib2uryc.fsf@gmail.com

and the one I can read from the news group is:

    fa.yHA7Aw03llqLWxPVYRnHvK5/dT8@ifi.uio.no

This means that when I'm replying to emails in this group, Gnus uses the
screwed message IDs which has no meaning for anyone except for
fa.linux.kernel news group (well actually even in this group the
threaded view doesn't work properly...).

I also noticed in this group that 'Original-Message-Id' and
'In-Reply-To' header field are both correct.

So my question is what should I do ? Should I tell gnus to use
Original-Message-Id instead of the Message-Id ?

Also should I tell gnus to use the 'In-Reply-To' header field to fix the
threaded view for this group ?

Or should I run away from it and perhaps use gmane for better results ?

Thanks
--
Francis