Re: printing an article in black and white

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: printing an article in black and white
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:43:55 -0000

On Mon, Jul 12 2010, Allan Gottlieb wrote:

> My fast printer is a black and white laser printer (HP P2055dn).
>
> From the summary buffer, gnus-summary-print-article prints the article
> with light colors printed in lighter grey.  This causes some to be
> nearly unreadable.
>
> Can I arrange for gnus to print all the characters in black (or at least
> no lighter than a fairly dark gray)?

Gnus uses the standard Emacs settings, IIRC:

,----[ (info "(emacs)PostScript Variables") ]
`----

,----[ <f1> v ps-print-color-p RET ]

`----

> I would then invoke this revised function when printing to the fast B&W
> and the normal gnus-summary-print-article when printing to the slower
> color all-in-one.

(defun rs-gnus-summary-print-article-bw ()
  "Print with `gnus-summary-print-article' in black&white."
  (interactive)
  (let ((ps-print-color-p nil))
    (call-interactively 'gnus-summary-print-article)))

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)