Re: Partial attachment

From: Cecil Westerhof
Subject: Re: Partial attachment
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:43:12 -0000

Op zondag 13 jun 2010 11:23 CEST schreef Merciadri Luca:

>>> What are their format? What could have divided it? The server? The
>>> client?
>>
>> Every messages contains only (when normally opened):
>> [1. message/partial]...
>>
>> With 'C-u g' I found out that the first part contains a lot of different
>> parts and ends with the first part of a PDF. The following 8 messages
>> are then a continuation of the PDF.
>>
>> I suppose the client divided it. Gnus has sometimes suggested it to me
>> to do it also when I send a message with a particular big attachment,
>> but I never accepted it.
> When clicking on the first file, what does Gnus tell you? I found no
> further details about the message/partial division.

I just should have done that. I do not really understand what happened,
but it worked. After clicking on it Gnus did a lot of IMAP reads. (More
as nine, and certainly bigger ones then the partials themselves, one was
about 24 MB, while the total of the partials is 652 KB.) But at a
certain point I had what was send. A 'little' strange.

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer