imap and openssl on Windows

From: Holger Sparr
Subject: imap and openssl on Windows
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 15:49:52 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I have problems to read my mail:

.gnus.el

(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods '((nnimap "xxx"
                                      (nnimap-address "imap.server.de")
                                      (nnimap-server-port 993)
                                      (nnimap-authenticator login)
                                      (nnimap-stream ssl)))

There will be no server response to the imap command send.

*imap-log*

| * OK The Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 service is ready.
| 1 NOOP
| * BYE Connection is closed. 13
| done
| depth=2 C = DE, O = DFN-Verein, OU = DFN-PKI, CN = DFN-Verein PCA Global - G01
| verify error:num=20:unable to get local issuer certificate
| verify return:0
| read:errno=0
| 2 CAPABILITY

In contrast, connecting to the server via command line with cmdproxy.exe I get:

cmdproxy.exe "openssl s_client -connect imap.server.de:993"

| * OK The Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 service is ready.
| . noop
| . OK NOOP completed.
| . logout
| * BYE Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 IMAP4 server signing off.
| . OK LOGOUT completed.
| read:errno=0

I tried several settings for imap-client-eol and several addtitional flags for
openssl through imap-ssl-program.

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Holger Sparr