Re: How to automatically display HTML in gwene. groups?

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: How to automatically display HTML in gwene. groups?
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 16:04:50 +0200

Dan Poirier writes:
> On 2010-08-10 at 08:48, David Engster <deng@randomsample.de> wrote:
>
>> Dan Poirier writes:
>>> I love the new gwene groups on news.gmane.org that gateway RSS feeds,
>>> but for me, every article displays as a [text/html]... button that I
>>> have to click before I can read it.  I'd like the html in those groups
>>> to just display when I open the article.
>>
>> Try
>>
>>  (mm-inline-text-html-with-images t)
>>  (mm-w3m-safe-url-regexp nil)
>>
>> in the group parameters. Note that this will need emacs-w3m, and it will
>> retrieve every image whatsoever, so it might be used for tracking. See
>> the doc-string of the latter variable.
>
> Those variables appear to be concerned with whether images are displayed
> when an article's HTML is displayed, not whether the HTML is displayed
> upon opening the article.  Or am I missing some connection?

Uhm, yes. Sorry, I should have read your posting more carefully.

Do you have the same issue with pure HTML mails?

Make sure that text/html is in mm-automatic-display (it is by
default). What are you using for mm-text-html-renderer? I'm using w3m.

I see in gwene groups that they have a malformed Content-Type of the
form

but they still display correctly for me.

-David