Sometimes Gnus need a very long time to check e-mail

From: Cecil Westerhof
Subject: Sometimes Gnus need a very long time to check e-mail
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 15:48:01 -0000

I have Gnus checking every half hour (when Emacs is idle) for new
e-mail/articles. Most of the time it is done in about 20 seconds. But
sometimes it takes more as half an hour. (And sometimes even a lot more
as this.) Can that be a problem with Gnus, or has this to be a
network/internet problem?

Also when I use C-g because I want to do something in Emacs, I have to
leave Gnus and start it again to get connection with my e-mail again,
because after the C-g Gnus can not connect to the server anymore.

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer