Re: Using Usenet options when posting to a Usenet group with Gnus

From: Merciadri Luca
Subject: Re: Using Usenet options when posting to a Usenet group with Gnus
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 15:48:13 -0000

> On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 20:03:52 +0200, Merciadri wrote:
>
>> 1. Automatically remove my post after x days,
>
> What did you try?
>
> (Also: Please don't do this; when half a discussion disappears, that's
> just annoying. If you don't want something out here, don't send it in
> the first place).
Nothing. I think that this option can be interesting when you post
something that is a little bit off-topic, but that should be read by
others. It is sometimes the case.

>> 2. Send some attachment together with the message,
>
> What did you try?
Just like in an e-mail from my Gnus. I think that it did not work, if
I remember well.

>> 3. [Are there other options?]
>
> Cancel? Supersede?

>  * "Canceling Articles" http://gnus.org/manual/gnus_74.html#SEC74
>
>   Best regards,
>
>     Adam
>

> Bonus links:
>
>  * "News Headers" http://gnus.org/manual/message_37.html#SEC37
>  * "MIME" http://gnus.org/manual/message_22.html#SEC22
>

> --
>  "Soon we'll have spent a whole month at sea,                 Adam Sjøgren
>   splitting atoms for no apparent reason"                asjo@koldfront.dk

Thanks for this. That answers to my questions.

- --
Merciadri Luca
- --
- --

Kisses that are easily obtained are easily forgotten.