How to recover a corrupted mail archive folder

From: Pascal Quesseveur
Subject: How to recover a corrupted mail archive folder
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 15:47:49 -0000

Hello,

One of my mail archives has been corrupted. When accessing the folder
by gnus some texts are wrong and there are some messages which are not
in the summary.  I don't know the reason but when I look at the file
there are some extra stuff in it.  I get no backup of this file. Is
there a mean to get the folder already accessible from gnus ?  I think
i can remove by hand some extra lines from the file (not too many
messages) but how can I deal with nov file?

--
Pascal Quesseveur
pascal.quesseveur@free.fr