Re: Connection to send e-mail goes wrong

From: Cecil Westerhof
Subject: Re: Connection to send e-mail goes wrong
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 15:46:57 -0000

Gijs Hillenius <gijs-nospam-@hillenius.net> writes:

> On  5 Mar 2010, Cecil Westerhof wrote:
>
>> I have the following in my .gnus:
>> (setq gnus-message-archive-group
>> '((if (message-news-p)
>> "INBOX.Verzonden.misc-news"
>> (concat "INBOX.Verzonden." (format-time-string "%Y-%m")))))
>>
>> In this way every send e-mail (not newsgroup message, maybe I should do
>> that also) is archived pro month. Until recently my only problem was
>> that I had to add the new mailbox every month to my installation.
>>
>> But that has changed. In my group buffer I have for example:
>> *:*nnimap+e-mail:INBOX.Verzonden.2010-03
>> 0: nnimap+e-mail:INBOX.Verzonden.2010-01
>

> I have the same snippet of code in my setup and it works like
> advertised.
>
> However, in my case, once a month, I need to manually add the imap
> sent-mail-newMonth mailbox to my group buffer. (by pressing ^ in the
> group buffer, selecting the imap server and subscribing to the mail
> folder).
>
> Apparently you managed to automate adding this new mailfolder to your
> group buffer. I'm interested in that solution, however, I wonder if your
> trouble (above) also is caused by that very same trick?

No, that is what I like to do, but at the moment I have to manually add
the folder. In the past this was no problem, but at the moment when I
add the folder as you describe, it is added in a wrong way. And because
of this I can not add them anymore, which is very annoying.

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer