Re: getting a photo out of an email?

From: Tim Landscheidt
Subject: Re: getting a photo out of an email?
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 16:23:41 +0000

Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc> wrote:

>> How do I extract a bunch of them to individual files in a target
>> directory? In principle, X m works for me, but requires manual
>> confirma- tion for every mail if used with M-&. What is the proper
>> way to handle MIME mails in elisp? gnus-summary-save-parts and
>> gnus-article-save-part look, ahem, very focused on user in-
>> teraction.

> Does `gnus-prompt-before-saving' help?
> [...]

Yes in the way that I didn't know about it before :-).

  No as X m (without M-&!) shows a similar behaviour even
with gnus-prompt-before-saving set to 'always.

  Big no as for example X m only allows a directory to spec-
ify and fills it with filenames of its own liking. But sup-
pose I'd like to take the image/jpeg or nth part to /dir1 as
nr.jpg and the image/html or mth part to /dir2 as
(nr^2).html and the application/pdf part to pipe to cmd3 -
well, basically I'd like to be able to do mail processing
without having to resort to Perl.

Tim