Re: Links followed in normal e-mail, but not in HTML e-mail

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: Links followed in normal e-mail, but not in HTML e-mail
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 12:48:10 +0100

On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 23:11:11 +0100, Cecil wrote:

> I am working with 'GNU Emacs 23.1.1' and 'Gnus v5.13'. When in a normal
> e-mail there is a link to a web page I can open it in Firefox by
> clicking on it with the middle mouse button. When I click with the
> middle mouse button on a link in a HTML e-mail, the web-page is opened
> in the buffer where the e-mail was displayed. Is there a way to open it
> in Firefox?

I have accrued this snippet in my .gnus, probably from someone sharing
it on this list, or another:

  ; Follow links in w3m with browse-url:
  (add-hook 'gnus-article-mode-hook
            (lambda ()
              (set (make-local-variable 'w3m-goto-article-function)
                   'browse-url)))

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "There we go. I've once again proven that Haskell is         Adam Sjøgren
  morally and technically superior to C++."              asjo@koldfront.dk