Re: .agentview and .overview

From: Cecil Westerhof
Subject: Re: .agentview and .overview
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 11:02:37 +0100

> Cecil Westerhof <Cecil@decebal.nl> writes:
>
>>> The reason is most probably that your imap server is agentized.
>>
>> What do you mean by that?
>
> You use the Gnus agent for that server.

I do not really understand what that means, but that is something I can
find out later. ;-}

> To find out if that server is agentized, go to the server buffer (`^' in
> *Group*), and check if there's "(agent)" behind the IMAP server.  If
> that's the case, you can disable it for that server with `J r'.

It was and I have now disabled it.

One strange thing, the IMAPS server was mentioned two times. I do not go
often to the server buffer, but I have seen that more often. Not always
by the way. What could be happening there and is that something to worry
about?
At the moment I am using Gnus v5.11.

Also a strange thing. After disabling the agent for my IMAPS server, the
news server -for which I changed nothing- said for all messages that
they had to be downloaded. Which was impossible to do. The only solution
I found was quiting GNUS and starting it again.

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer