Re: Article Tagging a la OrgMode

From: Volkan YAZICI
Subject: Re: Article Tagging a la OrgMode
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 01:09:17 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 16, 5:36 pm, Ted Zlatanov <t...@lifelogs.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 23:49:41 -0800 (PST) Volkan YAZICI
> <volkan.yaz...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> VY> Is it possible to tag (school, work, server, security, etc.) articles
> VY> in the summary buffer, in a similar fashion to orgmode tags and use
> VY> these tags to filter articles somehow?
>
> The registry will let you assign labels to articles and display them.
> These labels have any name and you can associate a visual mark with the
> article, too.

I think you refer to gnus-registry.el file. I found it in the gnus
sources but nor googling, neither reading the sources provided any
useful documentation. (I still couldn't grasp totally what gnus-
registry does.) Would you mind eloborating the steps you mentioned
above a little bit please?

> There is no functionality yet to filter based on these tags but it
> should not be hard to implement.

Any clues for the initial speed?

Regards.