Re: RSS flux under https *and* which needs credentials

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: RSS flux under https *and* which needs credentials
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 13:06:56 -0600

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 23:39:52 +0100 Merciadri Luca
<Luca.Merciadri@student.ulg.ac.be> wrote:

ML> I would like to fetch the articles of a https RSS flux which needs
ML> credentials using Gnus. I tried the traditional method, but I receive
ML> something like
ML> https: protocol unsupported

ML> Is it possible or am I again asking for something which is really
ML> impossible?

The url package is used to get HTTP and HTTPS resources.  Look at the
end of url-http.el, where there is a macro that defines the HTTPS
methods.  Basically it's a (let ((url-gateway-method 'tls)) around the
regular methods.  So do toggle-debug-on-error and see where the error
is.  If you can reduce it to a single url call, so much the better, but
it may be inside nnrss.el after all.

Thanks
Ted