expired messages stay in the summary buffer

From: harven
Subject: expired messages stay in the summary buffer
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 15:30:41 +0100

I recently installed emacs23 together with NoGnus v5.13.
I use a gnus initialisation file that worked perfectly in v5.11.
Everything works fine when I connect to my imap server using nnimap method,
albeit for one thing. Deleted messages are displayed in the summary buffer
and I can't get rid of them. That's strange because messages marked for
expiration are not displayed, as expected.

I tried suppressing the configuration files newsrc, News etc, but the
deleted messages finally came back. I don't see anything in the GNUS-NEWS
file that can explain this change in behavior.

Any piece of advice appreciated,
--
Harven