Re: How to get new news

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: How to get new news
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 11:38:57 -0500

On Fri, 09 Oct 2009 20:10:08 -0400 despen@verizon.net wrote:

d> When I start GNUS, all my article counts are shown as "*".

d> If I just type "g", nothing happens, the counts all stay as "*".

d> If I type M-g the group under the cursor gets an un-read article count
d> but the rest of the groups still show "*" in the article count.

d> If I then type "g" all the groups get updated.

d> What I would like to happen is hit one key and get ALL the article
d> counts updated.

`g' should work.  I've seen this issue with servers that can't be opened
ocasionally.  Hit `^' before each step in the narrative above and see if
the server is open or closed for one specific group.  I'm guessing
you'll see it's closed until the `M-g' and then it's open.

Ted