Re: My signature and its (missing) space

From: Richard Riley
Subject: Re: My signature and its (missing) space
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 20:25:11 +0200

Merciadri Luca <Luca.Merciadri@student.ulg.ac.be> writes:

> Richard Riley <rileyrgdev@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Merciadri Luca <Luca.Merciadri@student.ulg.ac.be> writes:

>>> It is not a real problem for me, but I was astonished about such
>>> reactions concerning my signature.
>>
>> What reaction? It was merely pointed out hat your signature is
>> incorrectly set and that Gnu normally does it correctly. This suggests a
>> bug in Gnu or an error on your part.
>>
> I hadn't thought that people would notice such a thing!

You notice it when you reply. Gnus automatically cuts of the signature
when its properly set. You not setting it correctly means it must be
manually done or one must change the regexp which matches the "-- ".
It's a minor inconvenience. Not the end of the world.

>>> Yes, but it does not work with my settings. The configuration seems
>>> really difficult, to make your code working in adequacy with my proper
>>> settings.
>>
>> What settings do you have where you think the 2 or 3 lines I showed you
>> dont work? Someone else helpfully suggested you are using the wrong, out
>> of date and non supported mailcrypt for some reason. You need to use
>> epa.
> Principally, I have parameterized MIME settings for PGnus.

What does that mean? I'm confused as to why you seem so reluctant to use
epa as suggested by 2 or 3 different people.