Re: How to unregister message as spam/ham?

From: Teemu Likonen
Subject: Re: How to unregister message as spam/ham?
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2009 13:21:03 +0300

On 2009-09-06 11:56 (+0200), Adam Sjøgren wrote:

> On Sun, 06 Sep 2009 11:47:52 +0200, Adam wrote:
>> If ham ends up in my spam-group, I simply tick it (with '!') and exit
>> the group; the ticked emails are retrained as ham and respooled
>> automatically.
>
> Oh, and the opposite way: if spam ends up in a ham-group, I press M-d
> on the email, which runs gnus-summary-mark-as-spam and puts a $ next
> to the email. When I exit the group, the email is trained as spam and
> moved the spam group.

Thanks. I use those already. The problem is _unregistering_. Let's say
that I accidentally register a ham message as spam (M-d). After leaving
the group the message is registered for the bogofilter database with
bogofilter option "-s" and moved to my spam destination nnml:spam. I
notice the mistake and go to to nnml:spam group where I want to
unregister the message as spam _and_ register it as ham ("bogofilter -S"
and "bogofilter -n").

With your example the message is not unregistered as spam, only
registered as ham ("bogofilter -n"). So the bogofilter database will
still remember that the content of this message was once registered as
spam.

I confirmed this by using a scratch bogofilter database and dumping its
content each time the message was processed by Gnus. No unregistering
happens.

> I may have more setup to facilitate these things; I can't really
> remember. I can recommend reading the manual carefully; spam.el is
> _very_ configurable and so it can feel rather complicated.

I think the manual does not explain at all this unregistering thing.
Only the code shows some indication that such feature exists.